Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Leave the pictures in the past.

Watching the interviews and pictures of Henri Cartier-Bresson and his Leica. Trying to imagine how I'd like to use my Leica. And I wonder if I like his pictures more because of the settings and outfits that are over 60 years old. He shot only black and white and talks very passionately about his photography.

And then I thought, what if I got a chance to go back to the past and shoot Paris in the 1950's. Sort of like Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris. And after I've spent a few rolls shooting in Paris, I try to come back, but I realise I can't bring the rolls to the present. I can only leave with the knowledge and the pleasure of having shot in Paris in the 1950's. So I couldn't never prove it to anyone, or tell anyone either, since no one would believe me.

If the devil offered me that deal, I'd take it in a heartbeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment